Monday, January 16, 2012

So Now What?

So Now What?

I am beginning to realize that jumping at the first offer is not always a good thing, that sometimes it is worthwhile to hold out a bit longer for something better. My initial job offer in Utah is a super small, very under financed, crazy cheap school busing company. Their buses are all very old and probably not street legal, the boss is tyrannical and has this weird sense of knowing what it takes to drive a bus, even though she holds no CDL herself. It is just weird. So, I while I work on getting the air brakes endorsement on my license - which apparently in Utah comes hand in hand with a class B - I will be seeking out other employment options. I am working on my paperwork for UTA - which will have horrible hours, but good pay and benefits, and I today I am going with Sarah to the University Shuttle to see if I can get hired on there. I need income.
My ward was super small on Sunday, only about 50 people, but I guessed that was normal because school at the University doesn't start until the 9th. The whole feel of it was pretty basic, I was new, people talked to me because of the novelty of being new - I am cynical and did not feel any real interest. Oh well, perhaps next week will be different when I am lost in a sea of people. It will be super odd to not have any responsibilities except to myself. I signed up for two institute courses: Book of Mormon and Scripture Study: The Power of the Word. I'm excited about them. If nothing else it will give me an opportunity to get out of the house. Oh yes, a girl at church told me they have an available room - well, a shared room for $250/month. To me, that seems a little expensive for a shared room... but I don't know what the rest of the living conditions are like. But cannot even think about that until I have a steady paycheck coming in. I still owe Joe & Sarah for living with them this month.
Sigh, the money troubles never seem to end, they follow me everywhere. I suppose it is my own fault though, I dug the hole.
Well, I need to eat breakfast and brush my teeth before heading off for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment