Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fire Insurance.... or lack there of

I am not a full tithes payer. I'll put it right out there because I know that I don't and there is no since in sinning more by lying and saying that I do.
I get really stressed out about money. There never seems to be enough. I wish that I had been smarter and not buried myself into this pile of debt that now waits to crush me. I wish there had not been unexpected expenses or costly car maintenance that was not urgent but necessary all the same (new tires, suspension, ect.)
The problem is, deep down I know that if I just pay my tithing, everything else will work out fine. I just do not have a strong enough faith to act that way. I'm so worried about paying everyone else, that I try to justify my actions, in vain unfortunately. Every time I see someone else hand over a tithing envelope or see the envelopes on the wall I know that I should be doing the same or filling one out... I wish I wasn't such a coward. I want to be strong. I know it is right.
I'm going to do it. I know it is right and I know that if I pay my tithing everything else will work out someway. I'll go back to eating PB&J more often, but my tithing will be paid. I might get a late payment fee from my card company, but my tithing will be paid. I may have to ask to pay some things later to others, but my tithing will be paid.
I hope I feel this sure on Friday when I get paid. I pray that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment