Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nana

Nana died today around one ten p.m. and I got the call a few minutes in to Branch Council. It was a really hard blow at first, but then it got a lot easier. I am extremely thankful for my family in these times because they are so marvelous at making sure everyone is okay. I was able to help wash and dress her in her temple clothes - an experience I hope I never forget. It was so wonderful to see her with her hair all done up again (Thank you Lisa!) and her make-up done (Thanks Alaina and Jerusha!). She truly looked liked herself again.
It is times like this that I am extremely grateful for my knowledge and testimony of the Plan of Salvation because it so much eases any pain from separation and grieving. I am thrilled that she was able to go peacefully home to see those of our loved ones who have passed on previously and be with them again. I will miss her, but it is more of a "See you later" than "Goodbye." Thank you Heavenly Father for making it to where our families are eternal!
Graveside service is Monday Feb 28 at 10:30am in the same cemetery where lies Maleah, Grandpa Spackman, and Jared. The memorial service will be Tuesday March 1 at 3:00pm at the 13th street building.
I love our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment