Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Sunday by any other Name....

So, today was like any other Sunday, mostly. I attended my normal meetings that I always do. Sacrament was good. I had the opportunity to offer the opening prayer - and surprisingly I was not nervous. Usually, even when giving a prayer in front of the branch I am so wracked I tremble. It was a very peaceful experience. The Spirit was super strong today was the time was opened up for testimonies. We had several testimonies from members of the Kellogg Spanish Branch, and even though I could only understand about half of what they were saying - the gist of things, the Spirit was so amazing and conveyed their sincere desire and faith to my heart. I love how transcendental the Spirit can be; how it can overcome any barrier of language, race, or disability and just embrace you in its warmth and comfort. It was amazing!
In Gospel Principles Mayra taught! That in and of itself was exciting! Our lesson was on the scriptures and she did a wonderful job - so prepared with all of her visual aids for the board and handouts! Loved it! Brooke had brought and investigator friend with her, Blue (Marquesha?), who had tons of questions about the scriptures so answering those during the lesson was amazing! I hope every G.P. is like that!!
Relief Society was, too, wonderful. Sister Stackhouse gave the lesson on Service and it was amazing. She shared, and I had the opportunity to read, the story shared by Barbara Thompson last General Conference about the disfigured little man who rented a room from a women who lived across from the Clinic where he received treatments. Such a special story. I got kind of choked up while reading the end of it. It was really, really, a phenomenal Sunday.
We had Sarah and Joe over for dinner, along with Chris, Alaina, and Randall and the kids. The Beesons dropped by for a short visit to give me a reimbursement check I had forgotten to grab before I left church. I was so drained emotionally that I space-cased it. It was a really great Sunday and I look forward to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment