Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Heart Runneth Over

Tonight was the adult session of stake conference. I was blown away! I cannot remember the last time I was so spiritually affected in a church meeting. I held back the tears several times, but lost it on my way home. I am so blessed to live in the time that I do. I could just feel the Spirit SO strongly. It wrapped itself around me and hugged me so tight! I had such a confirmation of the divinity of Christ and that Elder Samuelson of the Seventy was His representative. Even thinking about it know my heart is full to bursting and the tears are not far away. I cannot wait till tomorrow to hear more! I feel so privileged and blessed to be able to have a special YSA session with Elder Samuelson in the morning! I'm so excited!! I cannot wait to hear from President Chugg and President Rawson. I love those guys! The whole stake presidency is just made up of amazing men who exemplify the Savior's love for us through their actions and words. I just know that they are truly called of God. I just have such an amazing assurance right now. Such a desire to reach out and to tell others of what I'm feeling in hopes that they will feel it too! I worry though because I know how often I tend to slack off after the moment has passed. I don't fight hard enough to keep the spiritual feelings. I don't put enough time and energy into seeking that true conversion of heart. I feel so blessed and loved, but guilty at the same time. I just want to find a way to dedicate myself to putting more into the work. To being the woman I know Heavenly Father wants me to be. I pray that I might make him proud. I know He loves me, but I want to know that I am worthy of his love. I want to show him how much I love Him through my works here on this Earth. I just can't wait for more conference tomorrow! And in less than a month is General Conference!! I love spring and fall in the church because of conferences!! I pray that I may keep this passion for the Spirit alive in my heart and my mind. I pray that I may know how and when I may share this joy and love with others who are seeking it. I pray that I might be effective in my calling and in touching the lives of the sisters. They mean so much to me. I pray I might be able to control my tears :)

No comments:

Post a Comment