Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolutions

It is a new year and I am going to start doing some new things. I am excited about these "Resolutions" that I have made with myself; I have not told them to others because then I start feeling accountable to them, when, in reality, I am only accountable to myself for the promises I make myself. So what are they? Only a few, but very important.
*I will not eat fast food unless it is bought for me or I'm on a trip (like a Temple trip)
*I will go to the gym regularly and stick with it
*I will move out of my parents house

The last one is really more of a goal for this year. I think that I'm going to be able to do it, there are a couple of places with low rent (under $300) that I need to look into and see if I can do it. I just don't want to live at home anymore, it puts unneeded strain on my relationship with my family and my emotions.

I cannot believe I haven't written since before Thanksgiving, what is up with that?! Slacking - hugely. I want to do better this year.
I'm optimistic about my new counselors in Relief Society and hoping that we can get the ball rolling on getting the sisters participating more so than in previous years. Our theme for this year is the Relief Society theme, which is so wonderful. We are going to dissect it and learn more about how we can come to exemplify the women that the theme talks about.

Tonight in the CES Broadcast, Elder D. Todd Christofferson talked about taking life day by day because that is how we get to the future. He said that we should both ask the Lord for our daily bread and gather it in for ourselves when we are able. It was really helpful to think about all the things I want to do in life on a daily basis... I can do this today. I am grateful for the apostles of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment