Thursday, November 5, 2009

Inspection of Self

I have noticed lately that I am a severely mentally judgemental person. I constantly make derogatory or snide remarks in my head regarding the people around me. All of these remarks are extremely prideful because I am going off the assumption that I am better than those whom I am judging. I should not be judging at all those around me. Who is to say that I too do not display those traits that I am so wrongfully judging them on? I do not care for my attitude. I have often longed to be able to see others the way that Heavenly Father sees us. I struggle with this often and fail to see them as beloved spirit children of our loving Father. I know that each person, no matter what they look like, act like, or dress like was born into this world having the same Light of Christ that I was given. Heavenly Father is. No respector of persons and does not withhold his love from us ever. He has always loved me in my many timed of weakness and oh how multiple those times have been where I felt not deserving of such affection. Yet, He is always there. To help ease the pain and stem the tide of tears. Never has He turned me away despite the many times that I have turned away from Him. His love is infinite and pure. I long to be like Him in that aspect and be able to love others as he does. Not even strangers only, but also my own family suffers from my judgemental nature. I pray that I might correct my thoughts and be able to grow to see all around me as my beloved spirit brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment