Monday, May 3, 2010

Ah Summer....

Not there quite yet, but close enough that the urge to slack has hit HARD!! I only go to history or geography when I have a test. So very sad! I'm kind of nervous about whether I'll pass all my classes or not. I'm dreading my geography grade. All I've really done for that class has been the map tests and the mid-term. I wish he would post grades online so I knew if I even had a chance. On a happier note, I know I'll be passing my teacher course because I've been there all except 5 days and the work is super simple. Just got to get it all to come together for this final project and then I'll be sitting pretty! History will not be so bad because I'm totally prepped for the final! All of the terms defined in mini-essay format ready to be carefully reworded in a little blue book!
Church is going well. Summer time is always so great because all the people who were away at school come home and our branch just grows at an incredible rate! It's so wonderful to have the girls back for the summer! They bring new life! I hope that we'll have a very productive and active and FUN summer!! I've said summer in each of the last three sentences, it's on my brain!! I absolutely love my home teacher - Josh is amazing because he is so consistent! Even as he goes it solo because Benjamin moved back to Utah, he still came this month! It meant so much that he let me hug him! I just needed a hug! (Plus I wanted to know if he'd let me, can't hug a person when you really need to unless you know they'll let you.) Things are just coming along so splendidly!! I really am excited for school to be over and to have some relaxing time (hopefully well spent) this summer. I know that I should take at least one summer school class so that I can get reimbursement for it as well as get ahead of getting into the program. I need to take my CBASE test so that I can get into the program. It's crazy how I switch majors and in one semester I'm ready to go into the program!! It seemed like for nursing I'd never get there! Thank heaven for education! I cannot wait to be a teacher! I wonder if Josh has a lawn mower or if he'll let me borrow it if he has it so I can mow the yard. It's getting long! I'll have to e-mail him or call him and see. I wonder who else might have a lawn mower I can borrow... HMMMMM.....
I miss Institute like CRAZY and just feel so disconnected from it because I've had to miss it so much lately due to saving up preto for all the May activities! I really wish I had Tuesdays off!! Next realignment, no substitutions! I will have Tuesdays and Sundays off! (and Saturdays if I truly go part time and work part time for the COOP!) I really really really want to go work for the Coop and do school-based work again. Being a para was a GREAT job! It just didn't pay near enough for me to survive. I really need to focus on getting signed up for that stuff and wonder if they'd allow me to start later in the fall because realignment won't allow me to go truly part time at T-Mobile until around October :( ... just something to ponder and pray about I guess.
OMG speaking of prayer - I AM A SLACKER!! I go to bed every night and as I get into bed think, I should say my prayers, or Why am I not praying? But then I STILL don't. I don't get myself. I need to just get it done! I was so optimistic in my last post about becoming exhausted for the right reasons and yet I have yet to do those things I said I would!! Grrrr.... Working on myself is a down right dirty job that I am excellent at putting off.... But I really need to start working hard on it. I really do want the results of change, I just need to work on the actual change part. I wish I had a week off of work so I could focus on rearranging a bunch of things and setting up new procedures. I guess it wouldn't do me any good though unless I included work in my routines :( Ugh! Just wish work would go away for a while and that I could live just as a student. Being a responsible adult with bills stinks (if only I had the foresight to prevent myself from becoming what I am today - an in debt-up-to-my-eyeballs slacker with loathing for my job and little motivation to change.)
Oh well.. enough ranting for tonight. Good to get it all out in the open! In the words of Ashley, who I envy because she has changed and who I admire because she has changed - Gii!!

No comments:

Post a Comment