Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ozark YSA Conference!!

So this weekend was the Ozark YSA Conference and it was SO much fun!!!
Friday:
Got to the building at 9am and more than half the people were already there! (Huge shock, because no one is ever on time!) We're on the road by 10! We are officially the very fun van and talk and laugh and joke all the way there! We had lunch at McDonald's/ gas station around 11:50. We strolled into Springdale around 3:40 and since we were there SO early, we had dinner at Cracker Barrel - yum! We got back to the Stake Center around 5:30 and got registered and signed in. We then were taught some fancy schmancy swing dance steps, which I was horrible at, but the whole idea was fun! The dance then was underway! Two words to describe the whole thing: Hot and FUN!! I have never danced so much at a dance - ever! I danced with abandon and just had the best time doing it!! There were these giant fans that our branch camped out in front of, which was super smart because it was a sweat-box!! After the dance we were assigned our host homes and thank heavens for Brett's GPS or we never would have made it there!! Allison Johnson, Erin Soutar, Steph Held, & I stayed with the Wall family and they are awesome!! I went to bed SO exhausted that night!!
Saturday: Woke up in the morning feelin' like P'Diddy- --- Oh wait... LOL!! Woke up still super tired, but ready to go! Got dressed and ate some tasty instant oatmeal cereal and discovered our host home had CHICKENS in the back yard!! We then picked up Jackie and Lisa from their host home, also in Rogers, AR and went to the University of Arkansas for the day's activities! We started out with work shops. I attended "Leadership in the Church" which was all about being a better leader by becoming a better person! "Surviving Family Life" which was so solid on how to avoid conflict and - duh- survive family life! and "Becoming and Finding an Eternal Companion" which was put on by the Osmand's (Donny Osmand's son Don & his wife Jessie - super cute couple only married 10 months!) which was great about the love languages! Then we had lunch, which was tasty sammiches! During lunch the Osmands put on a 70's Dating Game, which was fun, but it was WAY too hot to stay and watch it all. The activities then moved over to the HPER building on campus (which was like this five minute complete downhill walk - totally crazy!! There we played "Never Have I Ever" then "Minute to Win It" and then we went and played Volleyball! It was also very fun! We did that until about 4:30, then we went and took pictures of UofA's awesome greek ampitheatre!! Steinagel then took us back up to the Stake Center where we had a decent bbq dinner, a service project slide show, and a devotional by the Osmands. After that was all over we had Another dance!! I was so wiped out from the one before that I did not dance nearly as much, but I still did dance!! Scott is a fabulous swing dance partner and slow dancer too, as is Nate. After the dance, our awesome host home YSA Calissa introduced Stephanie and I to the BEST frozen custard around - Andy's! OMGoodness!! It was so smooth and delicious! I would go to AR again, just for that!! We then crashed asleep hard!
Sunday:
Woke up super early (6am) because we had to be at the building at 8 for the choir rehearsal - I was not a part of it because they already had tons of people, but Jackie and Lisa were. We had a testimony meeting, which was really nice and then a devotional by some of my favorite people, whom I was so glad to see there, I just lit up and was so excited when I saw them, THE SOUTHWARDS!! That is right, the Temple President and Matron! I love them!! It was really really good! After they were done we closed out the meeting and the conference provided sack lunches for us to take on the road home with us (BRILLIANTLY simple and satisfying!) We got on the road about 12:30 and had a goal of being home before 6 so that our stalwart priesthood holders could attend their priesthood meeting- and we made it!! We were right there at six, but they got there!! Hooray for awesome guys!! I was able to drive some of the way back because Nate was so tired! He just passed out in the passenger seat and all the girls took pictures of him sleeping :) So cute! We dropped them off, took the girls up to the 13th street building to get their stuff out of the other van and go home. We then went and cleaned out the Hills' van and drove it back down to the Stake Center to deliver to Nate.
I finally got home around 9, craving a shower and food. I was able to eat some delicious hamburgers! Yum! But alas, I need to do laundry before I can get a shower :( So that is in the works at the moment. I really need to get to bed soon because I have work in the morning! I hope that my candidate has not regressed over this weekend!
Anyway, hooray for awesome times and just being happy and having fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment