Saturday, November 13, 2010

The House of the Lord

I was SO excited to go to the temple today! This morning started out with the wonderfully inspiring words of the beloved Prophet and several other general authorities in the Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting concerning the new manuals. They really instilled in me a desire to read and know my manual so that I may better counsel with the sisters in my presidency and with the sisters in the branch. I cannot wait to get our new ones tomorrow!
After the broadcast, which, thankfully, they were showing at seven a.m. at the 13th street building, I went to Village Inn and got some tasty breakfast, then went to the Stake Center to meet up with Nate. Ended up watching the first hour of the broadcast again with Nate and then we left to pick up Tim, his brother, and made our way down to the temple. The drive down was great! Nate and Tim are the perfect people to go on a road trip with- hilarious! We were afraid we were going to be late for our sessions, but made it just on time!! It was a very full session too!
The endowment itself was, of course and as always, beautiful and very reverencing. I am still in awe of the wonderful simplicity of it all that conveys such deep and glorious truths. I was able to assist in cleaning the temple today! So exciting to be able to assist the work in new ways! My mine was still caught up in the particular question that I have had since my last visit to the temple and I have not still come to a full knowledge of the answer, but nevertheless I shall endure and persevere to discover the truth so that I may grow from it.
After our delightful session we ate dinner at Abuelo's - muy sabrosa! Nate and Tim are such gentlemen, didn't let me pay or open my own door! On the way home we made some awesome plans for next Saturday which I am just fully stoked about! Friday is the YSA Conference in Lawrence with Elder Scott!!! and after that Tim & I will drive straight down to OKC so he can work in the Temple on Saturday and so that I can attend all the sessions I desire, including a session in Spanish! So very excited to do that!! I am so grateful for Tim's willingness to allow me to go with him!
I am very happy to have been in the House of the Lord today and am deeply grateful for the proximity to which I live to His House. My soul is at peace, my mind is at ease, and my heart is full near to bursting.

No comments:

Post a Comment