Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Relief Society!!

Tonight, I truly felt was Relief Society is all about! The Harrison Park Ward sisters were ever so kind enough to invite us to their RS Bday party and, I must say, I am so glad that I chose to attend. There was a fabulous dinner made by all the sisters, a skit about how the Relief Society had grown and developed as the years went by under different General RS Presidents, singing "As Sisters in Zion", cake and ice cream, and then everyone lit a little tea-light candle while standing in a circle, the lights were turned off, and we sang "Happy Birthday". Wishes were made, candles blown out, and the Spirit was so sweet!
Tonight is what I want my Relief Society to be like. The absolute love and sisterhood that radiated through all those wonderful women is what I want and desire so badly for all of the sisters of my branch. It was so "simplistic" but gorgeously decorated. The skit showed off the personality of each past President and how they helped shape the Relief Society into what it is today. The atmosphere was bright and beautiful, just like all the sweet sisters present. I wish more sisters would have come, but I am grateful that a few of mine were included in the skit and were present for it.
I started to tear up as we listened to "A Divine Legacy" - a video with clips from the last (2010) General Relief Society Broadcast - and then when we sang. I really had to hold it back. It was so perfect. Just what I had wanted for ours. Ours was good though and I am grateful that the sisters who did go, came.
I felt impressed to fast for the desires of my heart concerning the sisters in my relief society. I have so many things that I wish them to know and love and appreciate about relief society and each other. I want to find a way to better communicate those desires to the sisters and truly express my love for each one of them.

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Relief Society!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!

(and many more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment