Friday, October 23, 2009

Let them worship how, where, or what they may....

So, I don't like forcing my beliefs down anyone's throat. I'd appreciate it if others reciprocated in kind. I know that man has the freedom to choose whom they will worship and I'll let them do it how and where they want, but why do people not believe me?
My friend is an agnostic, at least that is what he calls himself. I'm not entirely sure what he believes in, if anything, but I respect his choice. What saddens me about it, and this is where things go horribly wrong if we have conversations about religion, is that he was LDS, he knows/knew the truth and yet he fell away. I personally don't get it. Knowing what I know, I could never believe anything else. No other religion would have all the answers and the option to just not believe- IMPOSSIBLE!! I do not understand how people can believe that there is no God. They must live in very sad and lonely little worlds.
The whole world speaks to the existence of some "higher power." This wonderful world could not have come about alone through evolution (although I will not deny that things evolve, just not man from monkeys!)
I worry for those who knew/know the truth and yet reject it still. I worry for them because I know what a detriment it is to their progression to have put up that barrier. I fear for them, but am scared to approach it head on, which I feel is the only way to do it. There is no gray area!!
WHAT DO I DO?!

No comments:

Post a Comment